I love baking cupcakes. They’re super easy & you can customize them to suit any occasion. These cute little vanilla ones with their pale pink frosting & little gummy hearts are perfect for someone special.
So get your aprons at the ready, dig out your mixing bowls, and…..on your marks, get set, go! Happy Baking!
- 1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees & line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs & sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Add the vanilla & oil and mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low & add half of the flour mixture, mix until incorporated.
- Add half of the buttermilk & mix until incorporated.
- Repeat with remaining flour mix & buttermilk, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake tin. Fill to about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until a toothpick in the centre comes out clean. Cool in tin for a couple minutes, then remove. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, pipe with frosting and decorate with a little heart gummy.
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Pound Confectioners Sugar (Icing Sugar), sifted
- 1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Pink Gel Colouring
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter on high until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low & gradually add the sugar, then the vanilla & salt.
- With a toothpick add a tiny bit of pink gel colouring to the frosting & beat until smooth.